Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Location: On-site, Joint Expeditionary Base Little Creek, Virginia Beach, VA
Start Date: Immediately
Security Clearance: Active Secret Security Clearance or must have the ability and maintain a clearance
Vectrona requires a talented technical writer to play a vital role supporting Navy Expeditionary Combat Command (NECC) N89 by transforming complex technical information into clear, well-structured, and easy to understand documentation. We are looking for someone that can accurately document processes and procedures and maintain consistency in documentation across the organization. In essence, as a technical write you will play a vital role in bridging the gap between complex technical information and the needs of the Expeditionary warfighter.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Briefs and Status Reports
- Create technical status briefings for Senior Management that track assessment selection efforts of candidate technologies and goal achievement.
- Produce briefs that capture NECC STO and experimentation priorities, assessment plans and test results, and the experimentation execution.
Capability Gaps Support
- Prepare briefs for NECC leadership, when needed, including but are not limited to these events:
- FLEX conferences
- SYSCOM Program Management Reviews
- NECE EXCOM meetings
- Office of Naval Research conferences
- Concept Development Conferences and Initial, Mid, and Final Planning Conferences.
- Naval synchronization conferences and working groups
- National Defense Industry Association (NDIA) conferences
- Armed Forces Communications and Electronics Association (AFCEA) sponsored events
- Warrior Exposition
- Multi-Agency Craft Conference
- Navy League’s Sea Air Space Conference
- Interact with industry representatives.
- Coordinate with NECC and NECCPAC N43, to identify capability gaps in current Tables of Allowance (TOA) requirements that identify materiel candidates for replacement and technology refresh.
NECC Science and Technology (S&T) Initiatives Support
- Maintain a portfolio of ongoing initiatives in government, industry and academia that apply to STOs.
- Maintain existing archive of NECC S&T initiatives to support development of analysis of alternatives, provide historical context and the transition of technology experimentation to acquisition.
- Assist with the administration of NECC’s Science & Technology initiatives portal.
NECC FLEX Event Support
- Support collection, collation, validation of analysis, and presentation of assessment results that highlight the impact on future warfighting capability.
- Track STO and S&T assessments, execution, work breakdown structures, cost estimates, and quarterly execution reviews that support the development of the years’ EXPLAN for submission and briefing at the FLEX EDW.
- Provide administrative support for FLEX activities, to include, but not limited to, capturing, preparing and disseminating required action items, scheduling coordinating required events, preparing and distributing agendas, developing and maintaining contact and distribution lists, and maintaining established electronic file/archive systems.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Technical Writer Certification relevant that support the discipline defined.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- Requires a basic level of knowledge, technical competence, and analytical skill.
- Ability to translate technical material/information into a well-defined, developed, and detailed document.
- May need to provide examples of technical documents authored.
- Familiarity with DoD and Expeditionary Combat systems and processes.
- Possess excellent skills in the following:
- Collecting and analyzing statistics.
- Writing clear and concise reports.
- Expert skill and knowledge in the use of Microsoft Office software (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
VECTRONA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.
All Vectrona employment is contingent upon the individual providing legal proof of identity and authorization to work in the United States and satisfactory background check results.
Employment with Vectrona is “at will” in accordance with Federal/State laws.
Vectrona provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applications for employment. In addition to federal law requirements, Vectrona complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com